Ambassador for Peace Medal

If you served in Korean War, you may be eligible for the Korean Ambassador for Peace Medal. This commemorative medal is an expression of appreciation from the Korean government to American service men and women who served in the Korean War. The Ambassador for Peace Medal began to be presented to veterans as a special memento for those of who returned to South Korea through the ‘Revisit Program’.  The honor has since expanded to veterans who cannot travel long journey to Korea.



    - To be eligible, the veterans must have served during the Korean War from June 25, 1950 to July 27, 1953. It is also available for the veterans who have participated in UN peacekeeping operations until the end of 1955.

     - The commemorative medals may be awarded posthumously.  The next of kin, such as the spouse or descendants may apply for the medal on behalf of a deceased veteran.


    - In order to apply for this commemorative medal, veterans or their family members have to complete the application form.  Veterans need to provide a copy of the Veteran’s Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty along with their application form for verification purpose.



United States Coast Guard Master Chief  (Ret) and Borinqueneer Ismael Torres


Received his Ambassador for Peace Medal

To request an Abassador for Peace Medal your must do the following:


Provide the exact name of the recipient that matches on the DD 214: _____________________________________________________
Residential and street address: _______________________________________________________________________________________
City: _________________________, State: _______________________________________, Zipcode: _______________________________
And a legible copy of the form DD 214 that identifies service in Korea
     Send this information to:    BCGMCNC

                                                    PO Box 631

                                                    Washington, DC 20044


  Or send by email to: